Step by step registration
1) Join Barock Pinto Association USA
2) Foal registration: if sire is BPS licensed stallion, obtain "Breeding License" from stallion owner. If non BPS licensed stallion, complete Registration Form (see below). If BPS licensed stallion owner does not provide the "Breeding License", you may use the Registration Form.
3) Have vet microchip foal, pull tail hair and fill out Microchip and DNA form
4) Send in all paperwork and hair to BPA USA, 132 Berry Mt. Rd., Cramerton, NC 28032.
Adult horse, if KFPS or KWPN, provide copy of registration papers. If the Registrar has any questions or needs additional documentation, we will contact you. Once papers are processed by BPS Holland, you will be invoiced for registration fees. Registration papers will be sent after full payment has been made to BPA USA.
To register a horse with the Barock Pinto Studbook, we need to receive the following documentation. In the case of an incomplete of incorrect registration application we are unable to start the registration. The registration will be returned, to be completed. The owner must be a current member with the Barock Pinto Association, USA.
All mentioned documents (with the exception of the breeding license), can be found at https://barockpintostudbook.com/en/documents/. The Registration form is linked below..
Completely filled out registration form or breeding license:
A “breeding license” will be given to you by the stallion owner. The stallion owner can obtain the “breeding license” from the Barock Pinto Association, USA. See the Registration form below.
If the stallion is not an approved stallion and no breeding license is used, then the “registration form” can be found at https://barockpintostudbook.com/en/documents/registration/.
The registration form is linked below.
· When using a registration form, an additional $40.00 is charged.
· Do not forget to add the microchip sticker.
· Make sure the address information is readable and complete.
A Copy of the official pedigree of the parents:
· This is the official stud book paper of the studbook that the parents are registered in. A print from a website is not sufficient.
· Make sure that the registration numbers are legible.
· The information for an approved BPS stallions is on file with the Barock Pinto Studbook.
· To register an older horse, please also send us a copy of the horse’s passport.
· A DNA sample consist of a lock of hair, with the roots attached, from the mane of tail.
· A DNA sample cannot be cut.
· A DNA sample is collected by a veterinarian.
· A DNA sample must be accompanied by a signature of the veterinarian.
· There is a specific space for this on the registration form/breeding license.
· For a separate sample, please add the “DNA statement veterinarian” form. https://barockpintostudbook.com/files/DNA-statement-veterinarian.pdf· A registration must include a DNA sample for both foal and parents.
· A DNA sample must be delivered as flat as possible, for instance in an Envelope/Ziplock bag.
· The DNA information for all approved BPS stallions are on file with the BPS.
Dear Chapters and stallion owners of the Barock Pinto Studbook,
We like to inform you about the following:
At 2021, the old breeding forms will no longer be accepted at the Barock Pinto Studbook. You can order new breeding forms at our secretary. If you still have old breeding forms and you can proof that they are originating from the Barock Pinto Studbook, then you will get new ones from the Studbook.
We hope by doing this to strive for a better registration procedure.
Trusting to have informed you, Sincerely,
Iris Bel, Barock Pinto Studbook.